Today i am going to give you some quick solutions for resetting your iDevice,if you have disabled your iDevice.
This problem occurs if you had forgotten you password of the device and tried wrong password six times and then a pop up message occurs saying your device has been disabled.After your iDevice disabled, you can’t restore/Backup your iDevice unless you havent stored your backup of your iDevice in your laptop and the only solution remains for you is resetting your iDevice.
Note -If you reset your iDevice you will not be able to back up your iDevice data(Photos, apps, Videos etc)
so lets start with the method of resetting your iDevice without iTunes
3uTools is an all-in-one tool for all iOS devices. It helps you to view and manage the data files of your iOS devices. It also offers you with the professional flashing and jailbreaking function. Besides, 3uTools includes a series of assistant tools. For instance, it can help backup and restore the data files of your iOS devices, clean up junk files, make ringtones, convert video formats, and more
Step:1 Connect your iPhone to PC using the USB cable, it would show you like this after you connected your iDevice to your Laptop
Step:2 Enter the Recovery Mode
There are two ways to enter recovery mode.
1. Enter recovery mode manually.
- Ensure you connect your iDevice to 3uTools.
- Turn off the iDevice.
- Press the Power button, and the white Apple logo will appear on the screen.
- Don’t release the Power button, and then hold the Home button till the screen become blank.
- Please release the Power button as the screen become blank, but don’t let go Home button. The device enters recovery mode when 3uTools detects an iOS device in recovery mode.
2. Enter recovery mode using 3uTools
How to exit recovery mode?
- Ensure 3uTools has detected an iDevice in recovery mode.
- Hold “Home+Power” at the same time, till the white Apple logo appears on the screen. It means that the iOS device has exited the recovery mode, and is rebooting.
Or you could exit recovery mode using 3uTools.
3. Enter DFU mode
How to enter DFU mode?
For iPhone 6s or earlier or iPad: Firstly hold the Home button, and then the Power button. Continue holding them for about 4 seconds after the screenbecome blank, and then release the Power button. Keep holding the Home button till 3uTools detects an iOS device in DFU mode.
For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus:
1. Open 3uTools and connect your device with your PC.
2. Turn off your iDevice by long-pressing Power Button.
3. Long-press the Power Button for about 3 seconds, then press Volume Down Button. Note that you need to still hold down Power Button.
4. Now keep holding both of the buttons for about 10 seconds. It is to be noted here that if Apple logo appears on the screen, you will have to start it again.
5. Release Power Button and keep pressing Volume Down Button for around 5 seconds.
6. This might bring you on a screen where it is written “Plug into iTunes”, and 3uTools will display that the device is in DFU mode. Make sure not to hold it for too long.
For iPhone 8/8 Plus, or iPhone X:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone PC with a Lightning to USB cable, and then launch 3uTools.
Step 2: Press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button, and press and hold the Side button for 10 seconds until the screen turns black.
Step 3: While still holding the Side button, press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds, and then release the Side button while continuing to hold the Volume Down button for another 10 seconds. The screen should remain black. 3uTools will detect your device in DFU mode.
How to exit the DFU mode ?
For iPhone 6s or earlier or iPad: Hold “Home+Power” till the Apple logo comes out on the screen, and then the device can exit the DFU mode.
For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Long-press Power Button and one of the Volume Down Button till Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 8/8 Plus, or iPhone X: Press and release the Volume Up button, press and release the Volume Down button, and press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear on screen.